Saturday, January 9, 2010

Voter/wife face dream

And here's what I dreamed last night:

There was a vote in Asheville on something to do with gay issues. All the votes were negative which meant the gays would have won. It was a positive thing for the community. There were protests of course, and the whole atmosphere was very volatile. A current moving just under the crowd about to burst forth and reek havoc. It was very tense.

Somehow, even though it was a unanimous vote, they demanded a re-vote, not re-count, a whole new vote. BUT, this time they set up 6 boxes on a stand a few feet apart from each other. Everybody who wanted to vote would be given a thick red card they could put their vote on, and only 6 at a time would come and stand behind each box and drop their vote.

Wife wanted to vote. I begged her not to. I told her something more was going on here than what we could see at this point. I asked to her to let others go first and let's see what is really happening. She, as is typical, was very defiant. Said it was a cause she believed in and there was nothing I could say to stop her. I told her if they started to beat her they would make me watch and I just didn't know if I could take that. I was still pleading my case when a voice over a loud speaker said, "drop your votes." We both looked and the first 6 were standing there, hands poised over the slit in the box, and then they dropped their votes. Wife had missed the first vote!

You could see the word on every vote because the boxes were clear and all were negative. Again all good for the gay community. In front of the boxes sat some police, some activists both pro gay and not, and some who were civilians working for government, and government people themselves, some noticeable some not. When they dropped their votes I saw one of police nod to another and say, "here we go", and they started to get up. I grabbed wife and pulled her back. But one of the police grabbed her and threw her in line with the other 6. I said, "No! She still has her card! She didn't vote!" The guy put his hand up in front of my chest and said, "Don't get involved."

Then I realized I was part of the police, or had something to do with them that they knew me really well. They didn't want to harm me but they had to take her. It was just their job. I stood there stunned as I watched something I could not imagine or control. They started beating one guy, one of the 6. They drug another guy off, don't know where they took him. They shot one of the older voter, got her right between the eyes. And they started cutting wifes face with razors. Old style barber shop razors. At first it was just slits here and there, all the while asking would she change her vote. And with every no response they cut faster until it was nothing but the ladys hands moving very fast across wifes face. With every slice wife just stood there. Didn't even raise her hands, and I was frozen with horror.

I think I must have asked why are you doing this to one of the cops because he said to me, "We have to do this as an example to the next voters of what is going to happen if they vote negative." I looked around at all the red cards in people's hands and thought, oh god, there are so many!

Then it was over. Wife was lying on a table, face covered with two cloths, blood seeping through. I heard one of the nurses saying, "As soon as she was in there she demanded a re-con unit be set up immediately. I don't know what's going to happen." Now what that meant in my dream was when wife went in to get the red card she wanted a re-con set up, and re-con meant an emergency unit for the people who were going to get hurt. I realized she knew ahead of time that it was going to be bad and wanted to set up some sort of help for the people. Wife said, "I want to go to re-con." Nurse said, "We heard you the first time."

At that point I ran to her and pulled off the cloths. Her face was not even there. It was just blood and slashes. I touched her and held her hand and told her I was there. I kept saying, "It's me baby, it's me." They were coming to get her to take her to re-con and I told her I would not leave her side.

Then I woke up. Horrifying! Dark. Tense, up until I was with wife at the end. Then it seemed it wasn't so tense. It also seemed she became a landmark case for the abuses surrounding votes. I think lawyers were part of the re-con.

I have no idea what so ever what this is supposed to mean, if anything. But really, sometimes I wish I didn't remember them so vividly!

4 comments:

  1. is there something you feel like you should be protecting jeri from? something she feels real strong about, but that you know she's gonna get hurt?

    see...heres the thing. i know you guys have been looking for a place for her son. and i know you got feelings about it. and if you are like me, you try real hard not to voice your own opinions and feelings about this cuz it could hurt her and hurt the relationship. we got something going on here with one of joies kids and i feel like i'm kinda stuck in this place where i can't say anything and yet i feel like i have to. your past dreams are all the same. you are in a place where you see where you are, and see a place where you want to be. and...you've been having these feelings of being a failure, and you are obviously stressed bad.

    so...inturpetation....vote..voice blood, again stress.
    her face being gone...well being faceless in a dream can sometimes mean that you are unsure of your own or someone elses emotions or feelings. since its been reduced to blood, could mean you feel stressed about jeris emotions? which would make sense cuz you love her, and hate to see her feeling anything other than good and happy. and since right before christmas things were very stressful for her.

    know that doesn't help with the horrible feeelings of seeing your wife like that. dream or not, thats pretty freaking tramatic. but i commend you on posting this and being more open with people. thats pretty freaking brave..and hey...do you think some of this could be your feelings aboout being so out in the open with your deepest darkest thoughts and feelings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my don't you have interesting dreams!! I agree that you are trying to work through something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace it right...you are working through some things. I want to know if you are actually resting at night after these wild dreams?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would really like it if you called me something besides "wife" here. How about Princess?

    ReplyDelete

 
footer