Thursday, March 17, 2011

17 Mar 11 St. Paddy's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Tried to talk the wife into drinking green beer with me tonight in celebration. She said beer didn't have no right being green in the first place. Well, that made me laugh the same way it did the first year we were together and she said the same thing about the same celebration. She just doesn't believe food coloring should mar her beer in any way, shape, or form. So there ya have it.

As you've heard I tried to run. Unfortunately it showed me everything that I had let just fall by the wayside. Fortunately it has me determined to not be that person. For a while I never wanted to grow old, gracefully or otherwise, as the saying goes. But lately I think growing old/er is okay. Certainly I've learned a whole lot from this life and I am quite sure the lessons are not over. But I don't want to be old and decrepit. I want to be old/er and just as full of life as I ever was.

So about the running. I was having a really hard time. No, I mean really hard. Lots of pain involved. But I also really wanted to do this. So I made adjustments. I am no longer doing the couch to 5k thing. But I am walking on my treadmill and around the neighborhood. I am at about 3 times a week right now. My goal is to do at least 5 times a week, and to work my way up to running again. I'll let you know the progress.

In other news...I have applied at a college here with the hopes of joining their Physical Therapy Assistant program. Everything is almost in place and if all goes well they will accept me. I've thought about this for some time now and I'm making it a reality instead of just something I'm thinking about. I have another test to take and I need to do some observations for the school to move me up in priority. All that is being put into place so hopefully I will make it in.

That's about it for now I think.

1 comment:

  1. Keep going Lee. You've got the right attitude! PT assist---right on! :D

    ReplyDelete

 
footer