Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tue 9 Mar 10

Today was a good day. When I was walking through the house, princess was behind me and said...wait for it..."you look smaller"!!! That is the first time she has noticed and commented on there being a difference in me. So, YAY! And that totally made up for her not buying bacon at the store today.

At the gym trainer 1 said my goal for you is to lift the heavy bar. I usually only hear about half of what is being said when in a crowd, so I said, oh do you want me to lift it now? And then I realized she had said it was a goal for me about the same time she said, yes, lift it. Okay so now I gotta lift it because everybody is looking at me. LOL Well I did lift it and when she had counted to ten she made another comment that, amazingly enough, I heard perfectly clear, and that was, "I know what you'll be doing tomorrow." I had an "oh shit" moment. But I'm sure everything will be fine tomorrow, right? Right?!

It was a beautiful sunny day and I got to spend some time in it. I went out in the yard and looked at our flowers that are starting to come up. Very nice! It felt so good to have the sun, not snow, on my skin for a change.

It hit me today that it seems I've really been reconnecting with my bios lately. And it's been okay. No, not just okay, it's been good. I think I might start going to more family functions and/or holiday stuff. I mean since we seem to be getting along so good and all. A piece of me is kinda waiting for the other shoe, but I am hopeful that times they are a changin'! Anyway for now I am loving the reconnect. I've really missed them!

I got some great advice from an aunt. She told me to not depend on anyone else to make me healthy among other things. Now, princess will be elated to hear this. And I do mean elated! Her main complaint is that I go to her for food. She wants me to be more involved in feeding myself. I however am quite content to continue to allow her to feed me! :D But I do see the point. Aunt also said she wanted to talk to me more often and, the best part, she told me a story about my other aunt, her sister! Apparently aunt 2 rode with aunt 1, and some others, and talked the entire 8 hour trip to Florida! haha Sounds just like her.

So like I said it's been a really good day. I feel very thankful today. Now let's see how thankful I feel tomorrow after the torture session with trainer 1.

4 comments:

  1. I've heard the 8 hour talking story too...my dad was in the car with them. They were very amused by her talking, apparently! :) ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yes, I am *very* glad to hear that you see the point about taking responsibility for your own nutrition. :-) And that was not the first time I've commented on changes in your body; I've commented several times on your arms and shoulders. I just usually don't see you from the back in anything other than work clothes or lounging clothes.

    How can anybody talk for 8 hours? It makes my throat hurt to think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you have made comments about my arms but I meant it was the first time you said something about me being smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always hard for those we spend the most time with to see the changes! Which is always hard on those of us losing the weight, because you want them to be the FIRST to notice! But if it's coming off slowly (like it's supposed to) they usually see it last! :) Same goes for Al and me! We never notice the weight loss in each other until it's really significant! :) Hang in there! You'll make your goal!

    ReplyDelete

 
footer